Training Update Thursday

Well, it's been just under a week since I kicked this whole thing off: time to see how I've been doing in the Training sector.


My first run of the year was April 5, ran 3.02 miles. I use the Runkeeper app for tracking, and it's funny because you can rate your activity with smileys, and if you pick anything less than "this run felt okay" it asks you why - kind of a nice, subjective way of tracking your progress. Well, that first 3.02 felt TERRIBLE. Runkeeper asked me why, and with sniffles and sobs I told how my upper legs hurt, and my lower legs hurt, and my diaphragm hurt - basically everything you use for running hurt. Waah.

But that's the point; because on on April 10 I ran 3 miles with my fiancee and felt GREAT! It was only a little bit lighter of a pace (-0:20 per mile), and that was after a day of walking pipeline right-of-ways and before another day of walking ROWs.

No MTB rides yet, and this weekend isn't looking good for it. I might be running stairs; fortunately I live near the McKinley monument here in Canton, and there's plenty of stairs to run.


Train hard and be awesome!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stewardship: Intro

Inspiration to My Writing