Writer Bear

I've given you the skinny on most of what I'm about; time to talk about writing. It's what my bachelors degree is in; and it's what I've been doing since I was 8, when I first wrote a story about a leprechaun who learned forgiveness and generosity after his stash of four leaf clovers was stolen.

Then, 15 years ago, I started writing fantasy - as most teenagers do, these days.



I started with an opening line that I thought sounded good. I had no idea what the story was going to be, who all the characters were, why they were going where they were going - but, it was fantasy! That's why you write it, so you don't have to do research or have a plan (anything you write requires research and some semblance of a plan - I learned this later, around Draft Two time).

So what started as a half-cocked opening line has...grown, shall we say.

Now I have a 120,000 word novel going through one last revision; one companion novella, a prequel, in production; a sequel novel about half way done, with it's own companion prequel novella in planning stages; novels three through 8 with basic plot ideas, and companion novellas for each of them as an idea.

Oh, and recently, an idea for a trilogy set in an entirely different world has been bumping around my brain off and on for a couple months now. That will probably just entail writing some ideas down somewhere so I don't forget them.

I've done two rounds of seeking an agent for my first book; after I get novella one written and novel one revised, I'm going for round three. I've been practicing my pitch on new people, revising it and honing it depending on the piquing of their interest.

So, each Wednesday, expect an update on how all that's going. We'll call it WriWe.

Okay, maybe we won't. WUW?

Hmm. Baby Naming Book.

Till next Wednesday, write something awesome!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stewardship: Intro

Inspiration to My Writing