LifeUp: Busy Bear!

Hey all, what a week! Sorry I've been gone so long, and I've got a bit of a back-log to fill you in on, so here goes! All the Ups smashed into one. Because bears can do that.

Training Update: 3-hour race happened last weekend. While I'm mildly disappointed to tell you I only made it two hours, there were several hopeful points: first, I did better than my first attempt at the race back in 2014. I finished two laps, did them each faster than the two laps last time, and didn't cramp at all like I did the first time. Given it was my first time back on singletrack this year, I'd call that pretty good. I've talked things over with my wife-to-be, and we're already planning on getting our butts into a gym this winter - so I'm pretty confident I'll kick some tail next year! If nothing else, two hours and 13+ miles is a great opener to the mountain biking season.

WriteUp: I've been kicking this, too. I made up  a little spreadsheet of all my books that I want to write - 16 in all - with columns for Words Written, Chapters Revised, and whether or not I've written out some ideas for future books. Since last time I updated you all, I've written almost 1,600 words and hashed out some ideas for 9 of the books. The cool part was when I was working on ideas for the second-to-last book and it gave me ideas for the characters in the second-from-first book. That was lots of fun. Another awesome part was waking up one morning and getting an idea for another of the  books within a couple minutes of opening my eyes. The key is to spend time thinking about your passions, and your mind will work on it even while you sleep!

LifeUp: I'm less than 90 days from getting married!! We've got a lot/most of the major things lined up; it's all the little details we're still ironing out. It helps that we're both pretty laid back and it's not a huge wedding. It's funny how many ideas all the different people have of how you have to do your wedding. It's fun sometimes looking them in the eye and saying "no, we don't" and watching them twitch.

It's the bear life: I don't owe anyone a high stress level - I don't have to get worked up over stuff because you do, or you think I should. In the mirror of eternity, probably a good 90% of what people worry about doesn't reflect - and when you worry about it anyway it clutters up the vision of what you should be focusing on.

So calm down, love God, love people, and be awesome - the awesome that God made you, not the awesome other people think you should be!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stewardship: Intro

Inspiration to My Writing